CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, November 24, 2008

Monday's Mom Tip and a Touch of Thankfulness

So...what in the world is my Mom Tip for today? Hmm. Let me think for a minute. I mean, I have a great one, but we're going to be doing it for a suprise for B's parents. They occaisionally read this blog, so I don't want to blurt it out on here. I'm trying to think of something else equally brilliant to write about. You know what? I can't think of anything. So, today I am thankful that all of you are my friends because you love me and not because I come up with "great" Mom Tips. On this day, I'm thankful that you're all just going to excuse the fact that I do not, in fact, have a Monday's Mom Tip.

Wait...I thought of something. I don't know if you have access to this CD at your local library, but if you don't, you can buy it. I highly recommend Bean Bag Activities and Coordination Skills. I can pop this CD in for my boys anytime to guarantee a lack of interest in the TV and an instant desire to get up and move around. Make your own bean bags to play the coordination games and do the dances with. Just sew up a couple of squares of fabric with some dried beans inside. Both of my boys love to shake their bean bags and their booties to the fun songs on this CD, and trust me, you will have some amazing Romper Room flashbacks from the late 70s early 80s sounding music. These CDs are great to help sharpen motor skills and to help with working on following directions.

Check it out here on this link for more information! You can listen to samples of the music. Bean Bag Rock is our fave from storytime at the library every week!

1 comments:

The Love's said...

Hey-It's called "Elf on the Shelf" There is a book that goes with it with a story, and everything. In B'ham 2 or 3 years ago, there was an outbreak of elves, but they were just plain old stuffed elves. Elf on the Shelf is taking that idea, and making it better! My kids love it!

Widget_logo