I am behind. It has been a full weekend as we all try to regroup after E's surgery. I'm still feeling abundantly thankful that the surgery is over and that E is doing so well.
Day 15 - I'm thankful for the relationship that my boys have with each other. I never knew what a joy it would be to watch them love each other. The other night, E wanted some chips instead of his dinner. He had cried, fussed, and whined to both B and myself to no avail. He finally put on his most upset face, climbed down from his seat, and walked over to C's chair. He laid his head down on C's lap, held onto his hand and sobbed out, "Brother! Daddy, NO chip!" C promptly wrapped his arms around E, hugged him tight, whispered words of comfort to him, then turned to B and proclaimed, "Daddy, you should give him a chip. WHY would you treat him this way?" Oh my! It was worth the whole chip debacle just to see E turn to his brother with the confidence that he would be supported and championed. It was worth it to see C stand up for his little brother and offer him immediate love and comfort. It was wonderful, and I am so thankful! Just in case you're wondering...he still didn't get a chip.
Day 16 - I'm thankful for what we think will be our new church home. Many of you know that we left our church home of 6 years a year ago last August. Since then, we dove into the adventure of participating in a start-up church. It was a wonderful and exciting experience for all of us who were involved, but after eight or nine months, God saw fit to bring our time together to a close. Since then, B, the boys, and I have been visiting area churches trying to find the right fit. We wanted a place where we would be loved and ministered to, where the boys could grow, learn, be challenged, and equipped, and where we could plug in and make a difference. We think that we have found that church! We're so excited. It is so hard to not have a "home" and a "family." The church we're visiting is incredibly welcoming, preaches from The Word, has a multitude of places for us to get involved, and loves the Lord. Thank you so much for all of your prayers and encouragement as we have been on this search. We are thankful!!
Are you?
沖縄県宜野湾市の自動車保険!安くておすすめを簡単に見つける方法
4 years ago

2 comments:
Ickie and I laughed so hard at the chip story. Wish I had been there to see it.
So excited about the church. I'll try to call this week to get details. I'm dying to know!
The chip thing was precious!!! Sweet, sweet boys!!! Love them for me. Why would B not give the poor baby a chip? :)
Lalu!
Post a Comment