For yesterday, I'm thankful for hot tea. I had to drop off my boys at my parents' house while I went to physical therapy. I walked in with no expectations, only to be met by a steaming hot cup of Monk's Blend (one of my favorites). Ahhhhh! There is nothing that soothes my nerves, warms me up, and makes me sigh with contentment faster than a nice cup of tea. Throw in a nice scone or piece of shortbread, and I really reach a state of nirvana. Now, I am a self-proclaimed tea snob. I don't buy tea from the grocery store, and I do NOT use Lipton ice tea bags to make hot tea. That just blows my mind. I like a good, quality blend of black tea. I don't love herbal tea with the exception of rooibos, or red tea. Monk's Blend and Darjeeling are two of my favorites black teas, and Bourbon Street Vanilla Rooibos is another. Great blends of all three can be purchased at The Tea Table. Mmm. I am VERY thankful for hot tea.
Today, I'm thankful for my sweet physical therapist. I have been having moderate to severe hip pain ever since getting pregnant for E. I had the same pain while pregnant for C, but it went away after his birth. After E, it never left. I thought that I had just developed really bad pressure points, but after purchasing a new mattress with a huge pillow top, then topping that with a 4 inch memory foam topper (our bed is 18 feet tall), I determined that it must be more than that. After a visit to my OB-GYN then my physician, I was sent to a physical therapist. After a lot of poking, pulling, prodding, measuring, and whatnot, she narrowed in on the problem and went to work. Slowly, but surely, things are improving. It is a wonder to start feeling a little relief from something that I've been living with for over 2 and a half years. So, hip hip hooray (slight pun intended) for my physical therapist and all the great knowledge that she has about the human body!
Are you thankful today? What are you thankful for?
沖縄県宜野湾市の自動車保険!安くておすすめを簡単に見つける方法
4 years ago

1 comments:
Your mattress comment made me think of The Princess & the Pea. You could write a modern version starring yourself as someone who doesn't actually feel the pea but suffers from hip pain.
I've got back pain. Which fairy tale character would I be? Little Red Riding Hood did take a while to choose a comfy bed and was persnickety about her oatmeal. I feel that.
Post a Comment