CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Late Start on a Month of Thankfulness!

My friend Troye, over at In Joy, Troye has decided to post something that she is thankful for everyday for the month of November. She has also challenged her blogging friends to jump on board and do the same. I think that is a fantastic idea, so I'm joining in! Today is the 6th, so I've got 6 things to write about today. I'm going to start with the BIG ones, but I'll be more creative as the month passes, I promise!

1. My Savior - I am so thankful that God loved me so much, that He sent His son to Earth to give the sacrifice of His life so that I might live in Him. He created me and everything around me. He loves me no matter what I do. He lifts me up. He holds me close. He provides for all of my needs. He has forgiven me for the wrongs of my life, and He has given me a new name - daughter. I am thankful for my Lord, and it is because of Him that I have so many other blessings to be thankful for.

2. My husband - I don't know where to begin. You know how as a little girl, you dream up your handsome prince? You think of all the things that you want in your future husband. You come up with everything you can to describe this perfect person who will fulfill all of your dreams and make you happy. You pray for this wonderful, amazing man who will love you, care for you, be your partner, make you smile, believe in your dreams, and stand by your side. Well, God saw my list, said, "That's the best you can come up with?," scrapped my list, and said, "Look how much better I can do!!" Then, he gave me B. I am daily, blown away. I love you, B.

3. My children - C and E are my daily delight. They make me laugh hysterically, smile bigger than I would have thought possible, groan in angst, feel humbled at the privilege of being the one chosen to guide them through the their first steps in this world, and marvel at the ways in which I already see God shaping their personalities, their character, and their lives. They are my daily reminder of how much God loves me because I love them so very, very, much. They are my greatest treasure. I am breathless with anticipation to see where God leads them in life, and I am so thrilled that I get to be part of the journey.

4. My parents - My parents are my rock. They believe in me when I don't believe in myself. They love me when I feel unlovable. They put up with me when I was a grumpy teenager. They kissed my boo-boos. They taught me to walk, to ride a bike, to drive a car, to be a friend, to be a wonderful parent. They tell me how proud they are of me all the time. I just want to remind them, that I am who and what I am, because they raised me to be that way. They are two of my biggest encouragers, the best grandparents, and two of my best friends.

5. My friends - They mean the world to me. I have friends who've been in my life since I was 12...and that was a long time ago. I have friends who shared the drama of high school with me. I have friends who grew up with me in college. I have friends who have burst into my life in unexpected ways to meet immediate needs. I have friends who tip toed in to fill places in my heart that were being held just for them. I am thankful for each of you! Thank you for painting with me, for reading with me, for having play dates with me, for going to the beach with me, for going B.L. with me, for teaching me to sew, for introducing me to new books, for challenging me in my spiritual walk, for giving me good advice, for asking for my advice, for helping me with my kids, for being "so free" with me, for driving a looooong way to see me, for recording shows on DVR for me, for giving me baby clothes, for being my show choir partner, for marrying my show choir partner, for saving time for me every Wednesday, for hanging out at my house because it is just easier sometimes, for being my friend!

Now...you can each try to figure out which of those descriptors applies to you! Have fun!

Lastly, it is time for what I'm thankful for today!
6. I'm thankful for nap time. I love those two boys of mine, but I love those quiet moments that belong just to me. Nap time will end soon enough, so I'm going relish these times as long as I can!

What about you? What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

Becky said...

You are so good with words! Reading #1 I thought of how lucky I am to know you. Reading #2 the tears started swelling and by #4 I had to grab my kleenex! That was so incredibly sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Troye said...

I am so glad you are participating in this challenge. I love to read your thoughts and emotions as they spill out through the computer.
Well said, Friend! Lalu!!!

Widget_logo