CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, October 27, 2008

Fun Fall Cookies



For a quick Autumn treat, try these out! I just rolled out a roll of sugar cookie dough. C used a leaf cookie cutter to cut out our Fall leaf cookies (of course, they turned into misshapen blobs after baking, but they looked like leaves when he cut them out).



Mix powdered sugar and water to make the icing. You will want quite a bit. It should be fairly firm, but still soft enough to spread on its own when drizzled...if that makes sense. I mixed some almond extract in also. I will always find an excuse for almond extract. Drop your food coloring of choice into several bowls of icing. Now is the fun part! Decorate away! I spread a base color on each leaf, then drizzled a little of a second color on top. I gave the boys toothpicks to swirl the icing colors with.

They had a blast, the leaves looked cool, and Daddy declared them "Yummy!" Enjoy and have fun!

1 comments:

Watoosa said...

Fun idea! I think they still look like leaves, just pleasantly blobby ones.
I baked cookies today too! Molasses crinkles, one of our favorites. It's been all rainy and ick all day, so perfect for cookies. Ben glared at us petulantly as we ate them. Poor child. It's hard to stand by and watch others imbibe the cookies.

Widget_logo