CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Simple Pleasures


There are times that I am utterly surprised by the little things that bring me joy. Today, my dad offered to watch the boys while my mom and I ran to a local outlet mall to stock up on some needed clothes for C (the new duds are not the ones pictured above). He is growing, as boys will do, and his clothes don't seem to be growing with him. Now, most of you moms out there have probably been buying clothes for your children since they arrived. I, however, have not. I have been blessed and blessed again by several sweet friends who have handed down tons of clothes. When I say tons, I mean TONS. As a result, I have bought one or two shirts per season for my boys since their births. Today was the first time that I just went to the store, shopped, and bought clothes for either of them. Well...IT WAS SO WONDERFUL! I cannot believe how delightful it was to look through piles of little boys' wear and pick out things that I knew he would look especially cute in or that I just knew he would love. It was so much fun to wonder if he'd like the blue or the green better (the green by the way!) and whether he'd like for E to have a matching shirt like his (he SOOO did!). What a delight to bring joy to my child. What a privilege to clothe him. What a special blessing it is to be a parent and to provide for your child. This was one of those unexpected moments where God shows me exactly the way in which He loves us. He delights in bringing joy to us. He clothes us and reminds us that we are blessed and that He is blessed in providing for us. God is so good. It is so good to be a Mommy.

1 comments:

Troye said...

That is so precious!!! I love that you and Little C both got so much pleasure out of that. I only wish that I could have been there to go with you! Lalu!

Widget_logo