CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Monday's Mom Tip - The Belated Version

I was going to nix Monday's Mom Tip (hence the fact that you didn't read this yesterday) in favor of linking up with Rocks in My Dryer - Works For Me Wednesdays. Then I changed my mind. Since a big pile of moms will be giving advice on Wednesdays at that site (check it out if you haven't yet), I'll stick with Mondays. Two days of Mom tips just cannot be a bad thing.

I thought I would post a couple of super cheap, really easy ways to entertain your little one for substantial amounts of time. The first tip is all about color blending. Fill little containers (the little plastic cups that Crystal Light comes in work really well) with water. Add drops of food color to each. Give your little one some empty containers and let them mix the colors together to see what new colors they make. C used to be fascinated by this. You can also freeze ice cubes of different colors, then give them ziploc bags with two different colored cubes in them. Let them play with the baggie in their hands to get the ice to melt to see what the new color will be.

The second tip is to mix Kool-aid powder with plain yogurt and let your little one use it as finger paint. It is inexpensive, can be made in a multitude of colors, and it's OK if they try to eat it...they will try to eat it.

Have a great week!

2 comments:

Jenny said...

YES! I was just wondering how I could involve Ava with our painting sessions on Friday - knowing that she eats and licks EVERYTHING. Thank you. I will do the yogurt trick on Fri.

Love your Monday Mom tips!

Watoosa said...

I can't wait to let Ben try these!

Widget_logo