C starts Kindergarten in a mere two days!! Can you believe it? I can't. It seems like I was just holding him in my arms as a newborn just moments ago. I'm past the crying though (for the moment anyway). We went to "Meet the Teacher" time today, and it is just hard to feel sad when your little one, ahem Big Boy, is SO EXCITED!! There was so much to see, new friends to meet, frogs to examine (that's right...frogs!), a treehouse in his classroom, and chocolate to be savored from the sweet new teacher. He was also busy showing E all around his class. What a day! C was pleased to meet many of his new classmates, and was happy to see that a friend from his Butterfly Camp was in his class.
His class has 16 very diverse students, and he is in a really cool multi-age, community-based learning program. We're really excited about it. One of the benefits is that he will work in a lot of subjects with older students, and he'll keep his same exact class of 16 through second grade. His teacher will also continue to interact with him in a lot of ways through second grade. She was very nice, and obviously excited to meet her new students. I'm going to be Room Mom this year, and I think that I will really enjoy working with her.
I saw a computer at school was in 4th grade!
I cannot believe my baby is going off to school. It is like I just blinked my eyes, and it is here. I love him so much. He has become such an amazing little boy, precious son, compassionate and fun big brother, and all-around wonderful child. He loves to learn new things and be challenged, so he is going to love school! I can't wait to see how he continues to grow and change. I want to cling to my little baby, but I am also so excited for my Big Boy. Parenthood can be so confusing!

4 comments:
Hooray! Go, C! You are going to have a blast and be the star of the class!
Jackie, I am sure you saw a computer before the 4th grade. Didn't you ever watch I Dream of Jeannie or War Games (starring Matthew Broderick and that Breakfast Club chick)?
Wow, my beautiful little grandson in SCHOOL. I loved you class room. You are a very blessed big boy. What a great Mom you have. My prayers are with you this year. Gran Gran
You are going to be the hottest, rockin'est Room Mom EVAH! Enjoy the ride!
PS I tried to answer your call last week (hope it wasn't a mistake) but I was in a bldg with no cell coverage. I wasn't trying to be rude.
I said it was the first time I saw a computer IN SCHOOL. Duh! Of course I saw War Games and I Dream of Jeanie. I am a proper child of the 80s.
Post a Comment