For all of my gal pals out there (especially if you've tiptoed into your 30s) who look in the mirror and feel frustrated by what they see, who stand in a closet jammed full of clothes but have nothing to wear, and who want to curl up into the fetal position every time they are in a dressing room at the mall - Be encouraged, you are not alone. Please enjoy Molly's post over at A Foothill Home Companion.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.
~Psalms 139:14
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come. She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue. She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness. Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her: "Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all." Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.
~Proverbs 31:25-30

3 comments:
thank you for linking my post. i'm so glad you liked it, and it is a relief to me to know i'm not alone. we are all wonderfully made and we shouldn't have to dress like teenagers or grandmas.
I think our problem regarding clothes is two-fold: we don't have a big wardrobe budget, so we have to settle for the cheap stuff; and we don't have the time to get seamstresses to make everything for us. There's a reason why women looked down on ready-made dresses in Elizabeth Gaskell's day. There's nothing wrong with our bodies. They just weren't made in a factory like our crappy clothes...
I went to seamstresses for all of my formal and semiformal dresses as a teen--even for a swimsuit. I guess I just need to get to know a tailor again, you know, like Clinton and Stacy are always advising. However, jeans are tricky. I can't imagine getting a seamstress to make jeans from scratch, although I recently had a pair hemmed. Can tailors take them in at the waist?
Thank you Jack, I needed that!
Post a Comment