Here is a great recipe/activity that you can do with your kids this Easter. They are easy to make, tasty, and a good illustration of Christ's resurrection. Happy Easter!! HE IS RISEN! HE IS RISEN INDEED!
Resurrection Rolls
- Large marshmallows
- Can of crescent rolls
- Melted butter
- Mixture of cinnamon and sugar
2. Dip and roll one marshmallow (representing Jesus' body) into melted butter The butter represents the oils used in anointing the dead body.
3. Roll the marshmallow in the sugar/cinnamon mixture. The mixture represents the spices used in burials.
4. Place the marshmallow in the center of the crescent triangle. Fold and pinch the edges tight. Put each crescent-wrapped marshmallow on a slightly greased cookie sheet.
5. Bake the rolls as directed on he package. The oven represents the tomb.
When cooked, the marshmallow melts leaving only the puffed crescent roll. This demonstrates how Jesus rose from the dead. All that remained in the tomb were the linen wrappings.

4 comments:
I can't wait to try these! Happy Easter to all the Millers!!!
What a neat idea! You are awesome. Happy Easter!!
How cool! I actually have some 'shmellos that I need to use up. Always a good object lesson any time of year.
So what do pigs in a blanket (i.e., little smokies) represent from the Bible?
I totally know what I think it is. You'll have to ask me via email though.
Let's try to illustrate the main points of the Bible in crescent rolls. I'm serious. I think it would be a fun kid activity.
Post a Comment