Well, extravaganza might be a little bit of an overstatement, but it was a fun party.
For C's 5th birthday (the day was January 22, the party was the 25th...yes...I'm that behind), we had a Pirates Who Don't Do Anything party. For those of you without preschoolers in your life, that is the title of the latest Veggie Tales movie. We had the party on campus at mine and B's alma mater. We kicked it off with cake and yummies, then did a Ferris Bueller walk over to the planetarium with all the kids. In the planetarium we showed the Pirates movie and sported glowing necklaces so that the kids were easy to keep track of in the dark. C had a great time and is already planning his 6th birthday party!
C asked for his friends to bring donations to 10/40 Connections for his birthday instead of bringing him presents. Thanks to C's generous heart and all of his sweet friends, we were able to donate $75 to 10/40! This will provide hot a mid-day meal, medical check-ups, pre-primary education and care, and spiritual input for 10 children for an entire month!
Happy birthday to you, my big boy. I can't believe how very fast you are growing up. I love watching you change and learn. Every day and every step of your journey makes me so proud to be your mother. What a treasure you are to our family!! Pretty fitting, my little pirate!

4 comments:
It was a FANTASTIC party! We were so glad to be a part of it!
I am so proud of you and that Larry cake!!! I can't believe he is 5! What an amazing little boy not to want presents but to give to a charity!
Why can't I picture what you mean by a Ferris Bueller walk? All I can picture in my mind is the dance montage from The Breakfast Club. Me so confused...
What a super fun party. And that's completely awesome you were able to donate so much to 10/40.
What a fabulous idea in lieu of presents! I'm gonna push that idea. I bet that green icing made everyone's teeth and tongues all GREEN! Awesome!
Post a Comment