CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My Son's Amazing Decision

On January 15th, C surprised me, thrilled me, and humbled me beyond belief by asking me to help him "get a shiny, clean, new heart." C asked Jesus to be his Lord. What a profound and unbelievably precious moment.

I was tucking C into bed, and he asked for a song. I said that I'd sing one short one, so I sang Jesus Loves Me. When I finished, I asked him if he knew that Jesus loved him. C said, "Yes, Jesus loves me even though I have a black heart."

Whoa.

Then C said, "Did you know that Jesus can give me a shiny, clean, new heart?" I told him yes, that was true and asked him did he know what made our hearts "black." He answered that it was sin, but he didn't know what that was exactly. I explained sin to him, and that Jesus died on the cross (he knew that part) for each of us and took our sin on himself. C was impressed that Jesus did that for him. He wanted to know how to get the sin out of his heart. I explained about asking for Jesus to forgive us and to help us be more like Him. For C, that made complete and perfect sense. He told me that that is what he needed to do. He needed to be more like Jesus, he didn't want sin in his heart, he wanted Jesus in his heart. He told me that he needed a shiny, clean, new heart for Jesus to live in and asked me to help him pray for that.

It was as simple and as AWESOME as that.

At first I thought that this was too simple. He's too young. He doesn't really understand. You know what? I was wrong. He gets it. He has all that he's supposed to have...childlike faith. He has been told everyday of his life that Jesus loves him. B and I try to live out the Christian faith in front of him. We have prayed for him everyday of his life since he was conceived that he would know Christ's love, that he would come to knew The Lord at an early age, and that he would never have to know a moment without Jesus in his life. Why would I be so surprised that God would honor that prayer?

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found. Twas blind, but now I see.

What joy! What unspeakable joy!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a precious story! What an amazing step for C!

Troye said...

So, so AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!
Great is His faithfulness!

Watoosa said...

I'm so happy for him.

Jenny said...

Hooray! What an exciting moment for you, mommy. I can't wait for my day.

Karen and Sean said...

Can't let this go uncommented. So glad the Spirit still moves, even in the youngun's!

Widget_logo